ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS
Marks will be deducted for those failing to format their work correctly
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
A Link to abstract system may be found at bottom of this page
- You are advised to use either Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer as your browser when using this Abstract system. Using Safari has sometimes been found to enter stray characters (see information on Section Breaks below).
- Abstracts should be created online and not by using the cut and paste functions from Word or other similar programmes.
- The completed abstract and references must fit into the box. This should be checked by generating a pdf file before submission (click link second from left above box). There is no specific word count for abstracts.
- The abstract can be saved at any stage of preparation.
- Keep the abstract as simple as possible and avoid complicated formatting.
- Modifications can be made by the author, even after the abstract has been submitted, at any time up to the closing date. Abstracts should be checked carefully by all authors so that typing errors are spotted; please ensure the spell checker has been used.
- For Original Research, comment on ethical approval.
- For Original Research, Service Evaluation, Quality Improvement and Surveys use the following subheadings: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, References.
- For Case reports, patient consent must always be given. Without it abstract will not be considered. Use subheadings: Introduction, Case report, Discussion, References.
- References: up to three references can be included and the format must conform to the style of the International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia. Include only the first three authors adding 'et al.' if there are more.
- You may include either a single table OR a figure but not both.
- Figures and table should be black and white only. Instructions for preparation of tables and figures are included in the submission system. Complicated figures with small annotations will not reproduce well.
- Tables must be entered using the instructions given. See format instructions below. Tables will not conform if pasted in from other applications and may result in the abstract being rejected during the assessment process.
The abstract (with any figure or table and all references) must fit into the 'preview' box available on the system submission system (size approx 8 cm x 23 cm)and the abstract will be assessed only on what can be seen there.
Click to enter abstract system