|Relevant recent publications |
American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and pregnancy: what obstetricians need to know.
- SARS-CoV-2 infection in pregnancy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical features and pregnancy outcomes.
- The effect of COVID-19 on general anaesthesia rates for caesarean section. A cross-sectional analysis of six hospitals in the north-west of England.
- Characteristics and outcomes of pregnant women admitted to hospital with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in UK: national population based cohort study.
Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- COVID-19: Considerations for obstetric anesthesia and analgesia.
Current opinion in Anesthesiology
- Obstetric Anesthesia and COVID 19 times.
Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Obstetric Anesthesia During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic.
Anesthesia and Critical Care
- Anesthesia Consideration for a Pregnant with Positive COVID 19: A Narrative Review.
Journal of Anesthesia
- Anesthesia and protection in an emergency caesarean section for pregnant woman infected with a novel coronavirus: case report and literature review.
|OAA webcast (in last 4 years) || |
|OAA posters (in last 4 years) || |
|MBRRACE-UK || |
|National guidelines || National Guidelines |
Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists
RCOA/ AAGBI/ ICS/ FICM Joint Guidance
Public Health England
World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists
American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
| Clinical Guidelines |
| OAA Guidelines |
Shared Guidelines from other Trusts
|Audit / Qu suggestions |
|There is currently no specific ‘Audit Recipe’ for COVID-19 in Pregnancy. |
Topics that might be applicable/ adaptable:
7.5 Airway and intubation problems during obstetric general anaesthesia
7.9 Timely anaesthetic involvement in the care of high-risk and critically ill women
Other QI/ Audit Suggestions:
Rate of GA section in your department pre- and post- COVID
Time taken to perform Cat 1 GA Section pre- and post-COVID
Intubation technique and checklist for COVID positive patients or unknown COVID status on Delivery Suite.
Management/ experiences of pregnant anaesthetic trainees during the COVID-19 pandemic in your region.
Knowledge of donning and doffing procedures on Delivery Suite
Appropriate PPE use/ awareness on Labour Ward/ Delivery Suite
|FRCA questions || Jan 2021 - No FRCA questions on COVID-19 in Pregnancy to date |
|Simulation suggestion |