Medical Student Bursaries
Applications are invited from medical students studying in the UK to apply to the OAA for funding towards a medical student elective undertaken as part of a medical degree with the content and setting of the placement approved by the medical school. The maximum award will be £750.
The OAA will support a medical student elective placement which focuses on obstetric anaesthesia and which prepares students for a possible career in anaesthesia by developing an interest in the speciality. A project in obstetric anaesthesia should be proposed and carried out.
To complete your application you will need to supply:
- Your personal details and Medical School
- Details of visiting centre, dates of attendance and contact details of the supervising anaesthetist.
- A description of experience to be gained and projects to be performed (500 words max)
- Information about why you have chosen this speciality (200 words max)
- The amount of funding applied for (maximum £750) broken down into travel and accommodation
- Details of any other funding applications you have made
Applications should be emailed to Robin Russell of the OAA Research and Grants Committee and you if successful you will agree to provide a written report on your return.