Medical Student Bursaries
Applications are invited from medical students studying in the UK to apply to the OAA for funding towards a medical student elective undertaken as part of a medical degree with the content and setting of the placement approved by the medical school. The maximum award will be £750.
The OAA will support a medical student elective placement which focuses on obstetric anaesthesia and which prepares students for a possible career in anaesthesia by developing an interest in the speciality. A project in obstetric anaesthesia should be proposed and carried out.
To complete your application you will need to supply:
- Your personal details and Medical School
- Details of visiting centre, dates of attendance and contact details of the supervising anaesthetist.
- A description of experience to be gained and projects to be performed (500 words max)
- Information about why you have chosen this speciality (200 words max)
- The amount of funding applied for (maximum £750) broken down into travel and accommodation
- Details of any other funding applications you have made
Applications should be emailed to Robin Russell Chair of the OAA Research and Grants Sub-Committee. If successful, you are expected to provide a written report of your elective on your return.
The next deadline for OAA Medical Student Bursary applications is 30th September 2021.