Event Code of Conduct
The OAA welcomes diversity in our membership and staff team. This diversity is something we celebrate and is considered one of the strengths of our organisation.
We aim for all of our events to take place in an environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in conversation. This requires a harassment free and inclusive environment that recognises the inherent worth of every participant. We invite all those who participate to help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone.
All delegates (attendees), faculty, sponsors and staff are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. This includes all association events and communications and social media before, during and after the event itself. Event organisers will enforce this code throughout and we expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everybody.
The OAA are dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Following a Code of Conduct allows the OAA to create the best experience possible for all attendees.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Value diverse range of opinions and experiences.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, harassing behaviour, exclusionary jokes and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the OAA if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- During all OAA events no participant should engage in harassment in any form.
- Do not make audio or visual recordings of the Virtual Meeting in any medium - and do not distribute audio or visual recordings of the Virtual Meeting (via social media or any other means).
- Do not take or distribute pictures of or copy research posters/presentation materials unless explicit permission is granted.
This is not an exhaustive list. If any participant is found to be in breach of this code of conduct, the OAA may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference without a refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.